Wednesday 12 March 2014

Modeling Excellence

 Behold the New Ogryn models!!!









Truly some spectacular models, i never paid Ogryns any heed when i did Imperial Guard, but if i was still doing that army i think i would buy them simply for the models, rules be dammed. An interesting thing to note is that they look quite similar to Warhammer Ogres so perhaps the opportunity for conversions is huge.

Edit: I should have done this when i wrote the post but here is the link to the blog the pictures came from http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.co.nz/ (note i think its a Spanish blog)

6 comments:

  1. Actually the ogre conversion thing is quite common already for 40k IG players. Probably the reason for plastic is GW noticed that players were buying ogres instead of Ogryns because of price. I have seen some really good conversions with Ogres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have seen some stunning Ogryn conversions and i cant wait to see what people will do with the kit

      Delete
  2. That Green one is awesome (although I prefer mustaches on at least 75% of my soldiers) So its great we see bearded Ogryns. I like how they still look stupid but keep their ferocious look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one has to be my favorite, gas mask, riot shield and arm mounted grenade launcher

      Delete
    2. Yea I thought you would like those. Imagine how many Riots there would be with those as crowd control haha.

      Delete
  3. What I can't wait to see is the price. I have a feeling I'll still be making Ogryn from Ogres and buying some bits from this kit online to save money (lots and lots of money.)

    ReplyDelete